Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Twas the night before . . .



Finally caught Sam on film holding her own bottle!!!! She's only been doing this for a few days, and it's touch and go. I think she figures why hold it herself if we'll hold it ;o) Usually when she does it, we act so proud of her and smile and say "good job Samantha," and she smiles a HUGE smile, gets distracted, and drops the bottle. So, tonight when she held it herself and Brian let go, we didn't say anything. She kept it in her mouth, but seemed quite pleased with herself!!!

My bean was SOOOOO good at the ophthamologist today and I LOVED this doctor. He thinks her eyes are still crossing a bit because the other doctor got her prescription just a little wrong. I have to say, this exam was MUCH MUCH more thorough. Turns out they can't fully dilate babies' eyes in the office because the usual drops for that are way too strong. He measured her prescription today, but before we change the glasses, we are going to dilate them at home with drops (over the course of two days) and take her back for another exam . . . this doctor seems like the type that leaves no stone unturned. So, we will do that in two weeks.

Tomorrow is the neurologist. Of course, I'm anxious. I just want it to hurry up and get here. I'll be a disaster tomorrow morning. Brian is leaving work early and meeting us at the doctor's office. I'm also interviewing another nanny tomorrow, and I'm super hopeful about this one . . . she was recommended by an OT, has cared for premature twins, etc. After interviewing one, I also feel better equipped to interview now -- I even have my list of questions.

Not much more to say. I'm a ball of nerves tonight, and just anxious for the neurologist appointment to hurry up and get here (2:45 PST).

No comments: