Thursday, May 14, 2009

Just an Update . . .

The Bean had a PT session today. We are still waiting on the Regional Center to assign us a permanent case worker and service providers (we know Sam was accepted to the early intervention program, but now we wait for services). In the meantime, Brian and I decided to pay for PT once a week so that we know what things to work with her on at home. Brian commented today that he can tell SUCH a difference in her strength since we've been working with her so much for the last two weeks. It truly does happen in BABY STEPS, so it's easy to get discouraged on a day-to-day basis, but looking over time, he's right --- she's stronger.

I go back to work on Monday, and the nanny doesn't start until June 22, so she'll be in daycare until that time. I'm going to try to work with her each morning so she's still getting the one-on-one time. And, I'll have to take off work for her PT appointments or work from home those days. She still has more eye appointments, but Brian is going to take off and take her to those.

This weekend is my THIRTIETH birthday!!! I've been kind of quiet about it . . . with all the chaos lately, I just want a nice quiet weekend with my two favorite people. We are driving a few hours north to the California Strawberry Festival on Saturday, and Sunday we are just going to try a new place for lunch . . . a mellow weekend. I'm kind of indifferent about my birthday. On one hand, I'm in a perfect place at 30 -- where I thought I'd be (lawyer, married to my best friend) and then some (in LA, with a baby!). I couldn't ask for any more! On the other hand, I still can't believe I'm 30 . . . really!!! Where did time go? I used to think 30 was OLD!!! But, life is good!!!

No comments: