Saturday, May 9, 2009

My first MAMA's Day!!!

I didn't think I'd be THIS excited for my first mother's day, but I totally am. Probably in part because of all the good news of the week. PLUS, we found our nanny today :o) - a friend/co-worker no longer needs her nanny, so she's going to come work for us. We LOVE her. The last nanny I interviewed I felt had maybe a little to strong of a personality. I think she was highly qualified, and could do the job, but she wasn't all that warm. And, I think she would do things "her" way as opposed to "our" way which just isn't okay with me. The one we hired, on the otherhand, is SUPER warm and nurturing, and I think, will totally feel like part of our family. I think having a nanny is going to make such a difference in all three of our lives -- we will have more flexibility, we won't have to get the Bean out the door in the mornings, we won't have to do the drive to the daycare (which was out of our way), AND most importantly, the Bean is going to get the one-on-one she needs in between her bi-weekly physical therapy!!! She's going to blossom :o) We are all VERY excited!!!! Brian and I usually have to really talk things out like this . . . but this nanny, we knew on the spot, both of us LOVED her. Plus, we have the benefit of her having been "tried and tested" by my friend - which is HUGE!! We have to be a little (or a lot) tighter with our money to afford this, but it's going to be SO worth it. (I dread telling daycare, but I have to believe they'll understand).

We also just had a fabulous weekend overall - (and it's only halfway over) - dinner with friends last night at our house - they have a baby girl three months older than our Bean (their's is crawling all over the place, so it reminded us of all we have to look forward to!); and brunch with more friends at our place this morning before our last two nanny interviews. A great weekend for all of us - Sam LOVES new people. She just stares at them SO intently. She was up late last night even, and was still great today, though she was a little harder to get to sleep tonight.

So, tomorrow morning for my mother's day I am sleeping in and then getting up and getting all dressed up (in new dresses for me AND the Bean) and we are going to brunch at the restaurant where Brian and I got married three years and two months ago :o) I'm excited to take pictures in the very spot Brian and I took pictures on our wedding day . . . now there are THREE!!

Here's a mother's day poem that a friend sent me . . . so much of it really sums up the STRONG emotions I've been feeling . . . my heart HAS been on my sleeve lately!

Before I was a Mom, I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby. I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous. I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom, I had never been puked on. Pooped on. Chewed on. Peed on. I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts. I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom, I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests. Or give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin. I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom, I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put her down. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt. I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much. I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom, I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body. I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby. I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child. I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom, I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay. I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom. I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom .

No comments: