Tuesday, May 12, 2009

the Bean's First Fever :o(

My little bean has her first fever . . . she was crabby last night and woke up a couple times during the night (which she never does). She felt really warm, so at 5 am, I took her temperature. It was only 100.9, so not terrible, but a low fever. I gave her some tylenol, and took her to bed with me, and we slept until 8 am. She's been pretty lethargic today, but eating, and smiling, so her pediatrician said no need to bring her in unless I wanted to. I slept in her floor next to her crib last night!!!

This was not my first time sleeping there -- I slept there the first night she slept in her own room. (Brian asked, "why -- we have the monitor?" and I just said, "don't ask why, just let me do this." and he did!). I also slept there for a week when she had RSV (a bad cold, but can be serious with premies/infants). I have quite the set-up I drag out for floor sleeping, so it's not bad, and I find a great deal of comfort in being that close to her when she may need me.

I may be crazy . . . but I'll probably end up there again tonight! Poor little bean! Hope she's all better tomorrow.

No comments: