Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sammie's hands

I still need to write about our Memorial Day weekend in Chicago (happy travels and happy times!) but tonight, I only have a few minutes, so I just want to write about how much I love my little Bean's hands. . . her newest thing (well, since the glasses really, and its just gotten more prevalent) is touching our faces. She LOVES to grab our lips, chins, whatever. When we hold her, she reaches for our faces. I think with her new found vision, she's just seeing us better, so she wants to TOUCH us, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Her little hands are so soft & pudgy, and I just love the way she rubs my face. I hope I never forget how wonderful it feels :o) She's even been falling asleep while doing it, and I know she's officially asleep when her little hand stops moving. Last week, I fell asleep with her hand reaching across and touching my cheek (we were both napping in my bed). And, another day, I woke up with a little finger (not mine) in my nose!!! Tonight as I put her to bed, and she kept touching my face, I thought about how fast those little hands will grow, and just realized I wanted to write about this so I remember five years from now when her hands are busy doing other things . . . writing, drawing, playing . . . how wonderful it felt when they were so tiny and on my face :o)

No comments: