Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Seriously?! Seriously?!

For reasons I'm too tired to go into (well, in short, she lied about being okay with having her income reported, and sprung it on me her first morning here, AS I was walking out the door, that she needs cash -- nevermind the fact that I'd emphasized to her FOUR times that we'd be doing the nanny thing on the up and up) we will be having YET ANOTHER nanny start on Monday. SERIOUSLY?! But, we have high hopes for this one . . . she comes recommended from a friend (her son's pre-school teacher:o)) We are paying more for her but at this point, we have to do what we have to do. And, Sammie B is of course worth EVERY penny.

So, another nanny down. In other news, Sam was constipated and had her first prunes this evening (they did the trick); I feel a little tired and gloomy these days and am having trouble focusing on my J-O-B when I'm there (I think b/c the nanny business is so consuming . . . I'm just hoping this one starts, is wonderful, and I can concentrate on my J-O-B while at work again -- I want to feel "back in my game" again . . . I feel like I did for awhile after I first went back to work (prior to this last leave) . . . it's like as soon as we feel like we've hit our stride, life slaps us with something else); Brian is likely getting two furlough days a month, which stinks.

But at the end of the day, my little bean's smile melts my heart. So, I suppose none of the other stuff (which really, isn't this nanny thing fodder for a sitcom?) really matters!

I'm SO frustrated with the nanny situation . . . the undocumented workers/for-cash-only workers AND the people willing to hire them. I don't care what side of the political spectrum you fall on, there's reasons NOT to feed the cash-only culture. For one, it allows people to exploit the workers, and second, it royally screws people like Brian and I who actually want to do things legally. SO frustrating!

1 comment:

sunnydove said...

They already did that sitcom. It was called, "The Nanny."

I am so sorry you're having so much trouble finding someone good! But it's worth a long search to find the right person. Now, if only people could be honest from the get-go!

Are you able to go back to the same daycare? She sure did look happy as a clam there!