Sunday, June 28, 2009

Busy Weekend


We had a very busy but good weekend. Friday, I worked from home so I could go with Sam to her PT appointment. Our nanny was working so the three of us went together, and we had a good session. Sam is finally starting to warm up to her therapist, didn't cry at all, and actually smiled most of the session :o) That makes it easier for me when I have to miss sessions b/c of work! Then Friday afternoon, I ran Sam to her pediatrician because she's been pulling her ear again and they will not do her surgery next week if there's even a hint of sickness. So we wanted to make sure she didn't have an ear infection. She doesn't!! (I really think she just tugs that ear b/c its the one the glasses seem to irritate). Then, we went to a friend's house for dinner. Sammie B was out until 11, but did great. She fell asleep at our friend's house around 9, slept on the way home, and went back to sleep easily after a quick change at home.

Saturday, our bestest of friends were in town from Chicago so we met them for brunch. It was a beautiful day and we ate outside . . . where Sammie B fell asleep in mommy's arms like a perfect little bean, and we captured the two pictures above. Br hasn't been feeling well at all (just allergies) so we canceled plans Saturday night so he could get some rest, which he did. I put together some new toys we bought and cleaned up around our house b/c we had an insanely busy Sunday planned -- a mommy-baby day! So . . . then, today (which is Sunday), we (me and Sammie) went swimming and had lunch with my friend and her one-year-old son, and then, we went to the park to meet some mommies and kiddos from my la mommy blog!!! It was really a fun day . . . and then we ended the weekend with a bbq'd dinner on our new grill that B put together today.

It was a fabulous weekend, but one of those super super busy ones that seems to FLY BY. And, no real rest . . . but totally fun. I know I'm going to have a busy week this week at work, so its good that I got some good Sammie loves in this weekend . . . though as reflected in my last Monday post - Mondays are hard for me!!! Always miss my bean!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am always amazed at how some babies can fall asleep anywhere, anyhow. Count your blessings on that one! Both Andrew and Ella will only sleep in their beds. It can make scheduling very difficult. Sam's a cutie!

BTW, I love the new blog layout. Very cute!