Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Star Struck!

Last weekend, we went to the Dora Exhibit at the California Discovery Center. We kept it a surprise for Sammie B and didn't tell her who we'd be meeting until we woke her up Saturday morning. Needless to say, she was over the moon excited. She donned her Dora shirt, and off we went.



I think I may have been more excited than she was. I feel like Dora is a celebrity in MY life. She is, after all, responsible for teaching my sweet girl a whole lot of things . . . like counting in Spanish. From the second we introduced Sammie B to Dora, she's been in love, and B and I have loved watching HER watch Dora. She talks to the show, answers Dora's questions, and gets so very, very into it. One of my favorite moments was when Sammie B and I were making brownies together and she was stiring and saying something and I stopped to listen, trying to figure out what she was saying, and realized she was saying "Bate Bate Chocolate" like Dora does when she makes chocolate in one episode.

When we finally made it to the front of the line to meet Dora, Sammie B was completely and totally star struck. Not even a smile. All she could do was stare at Dora, then look at me like, "are you serious?!" So, I gave Dora a hug and a "thank-you" from all of us, we snapped a picture, and enjoyed the rest of the exhibit and the museum!

No comments: