Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Here I Go.

She never quite leaves her children at home, even when she doesn’t take them along.
~Margaret Culkin Banning


I have a new dress. My hair is freshly highlighted (and low-lighted) and tomorrow morning, I'll be back downtown, sitting at my desk at work, back in the lawyering game (possibly prepping for a trial that's happening in less than two weeks . . . nothing like getting back in the game at WARP speed, right?!). B is home for the next month, and I'm really happy he gets this time too -- he didn't get to do this after I had Sammie B because he was still newer at his job. We both know this is a great thing for him, and will help ease the transition from maternity leave to work for me.

I'm excited, but I'm also a little (okay, a lot) sad. These months home, getting to know Mia, and getting glimpses of Sammie B's day, have been glorious. Glorious. One of my favorite parts of each day has been getting to lunch with Mia and Sammie B after Sammie B comes home from school and before she leaves for her various therapy appointments. I will miss those lunches so, so much. These two girls are my heart.



My heart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big hugs! I hope you find getting back to work very rewarding though. Especially knowing the girls are getting in their Daddy time that they need to. I love these pics! I can't articulate it well, but something about how it shows the difference for where they each are - Sammie B looks so big and mature there, and Mia is just a fat little cherub smiling at her big sissy. Fantastic :)

CP said...

Good luck with the return to work! It's never easy but hopefully with trial prep, your work days will go by very quickly!

Anne Stuart said...

I agree with the previous comments that it's never easy. Especially when you have spent so much time with the kids. If I'm in your feet, I'll probably suffer from separation anxiety.