Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Year Ago Today

A year ago today, my friends from work came to my house to give me a shower. The shower was supposed to be an at-work shower, but because I was on bed rest, a few of my work friends brought the shower to me . . .



When I think back to that day, it seems crazy that I didn't even KNOW Sammie B yet. I mean yes, I already loved her. Madly. I used to lay in bed and wait for her to kick. I used to rub her little tush when she stuck it out. I'd tell my friends, "that's her butt, want to touch it?!" I didn't know that day, when we had my shower, that just days later, we'd get to meet our Samantha. We didn't know how intensely we'd love her; how much joy she'd bring to our lives, or how she would change us. In such wonderful ways. Its hard to even put this into words -- we knew we'd love her (like I said, we already did) but we didn't know, couldn't know, the depths of the love we'd feel for our Bean when she got here. What a year!

No comments: