Monday, September 14, 2009

Doing the Wave!

Last night, my Sammie B waved at me for the first time. We've been really working on it with her and last night, I sat at the computer while she sat in B's lap and I turned to her and waved and said "Hi!" and B held up her arm . . . and she waved her little hand at me. So timid at first, but it was clear that it was purposeful. I was delighted . . . so much so that I immediately got tears in my eyes, ran to her and kissed her, and then texted our nanny to let her know that all of HER efforts in working on the wave have paid off. And today, when I left for work, Sammie B waved me off. My heart soared all the way to work, and each time I thought of that super sweet wave all day. What a way to start the day! Now when she waves to us, we (whatever combination of mommy/daddy/nanny are present) make such a big deal out of it, and a little proud grin just spreads across our Bean's sweet face. She's just as delighted with herself as we are. The wave is certainly a nice compliment to the High Five, which she's had down for awhile. Oh sweet sweet Bean!!

I'm off to Cincinnati for work again tomorrow for another two day stint. It always kills me to leave the Bean at home . . . but alas, there's nothing I can do about it. I can only hope that having a career mama is an inspiration to my babe someday in the future.

No comments: