If you made it through my last post, thank you! And your reward . . . some cute new pictures of the one and only Sammie B unloaded fresh from my blackberry :o)
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then this picture post is ALMOST the word equivalent of that last post I think!
These smiles? These are the moments that matter. The moments that define my girl, and our family. I'm so lucky to be her mama.
The many faces of . . .
Whenever she sees a camera, she flashes a big, cheesy grin (I'm not always fast enough to catch it though, and she doesn't quite get the whole "shutter speed" concept yet) UNLESS I tell her it is a picture for dada. Then, you get funny faces. She loves to make funny faces for her dada. (The three above were from a day when he was working late and we took a few over dinner to send to him.).
Because her dada is a sucker and can't go to the mall without letting her choose a new "Ah-nee-mal" from the Disney Store:
Perfection: (Weekend naps are always in mama's bed!)
Teamwork. Pushing her bear (and bee, who is squashed UNDER the bear) in her stroller with a little help from her dada:
An outfit of her choosing. This girl is pure sass.
A rare occasion where mama has her contacts in, hair blow-dried, and make-up on. Photo-worthy indeed:
Waiting patiently for her swim lesson:
A little at-home PT in the evening:
Riding her trike in PT all.by.herself (via some groovy hand pedals)!
And more funny faces from sweet Sammie B
A few other recent Sammie B magic moments that I'm so, so grateful for:
- The other night, she was sitting on my bed and suddenly started singing oh-so-quietly, I listend for a second and realized Sammie B was singing her ABCs. She realized I'd noticed and was listening, and she got embarassed and stopped. After a little bit, she started up again, and I ignored her, and she sang the whole song!!! She's known her ABC's for awhile (she'd fill in the letters if we were singing and stopped at a letter) but this was her first time singing them on her own.
- She's now regulularly saying "Oh my God! What are you doing?" which she learned from her nanny. It's kind of the funniest.
- Her other favorite song is "Tomorrow Tomorrow" from Annie and I have a voice note on my phone of her singing it and I can't get enough of it. Cutest thing ever. I will eventually figure out how to post that here!
- Annie is her movie of choice, every time.
- She's officially addicted to ice cream. She requests "ice keem" every.time.we.leave.the.house or drive by any establishment where she's ever had ice cream. ever. She's her father's daughter, that's for sure.
-This next one is a little embarassing, but too stinking funny and cute not to share. The other night, B was watching TV while Sammie B and I played in the floor. She looked over at the TV and said "Obama." I looked over and it was just an e-harmony commercial with an African American guy on it. B was like, "um, did she just say Obama?" Um, yeah . . .
She's magic. For sure.