Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happy Birthday B!

Today was Brian's birthday. We had a great day. His parents are in town, so we all went to lunch and then walked on the beach. Then we came home and relaxed for a bit before heading out to the Bday dinner B chose.

Both B and I have been reflecting on what a FABULOUS year it has been, and how much has changed since last year.

What a difference a year makes!

Celebrating B's 30th Bday last year (Sam slept through the entire celebration):



And tonight, celebrating another year of B (Sam's face cracks me up!):



Lately, we've been talking about how we feel like life just KEEPS getting better! Although we couldn't have predicted the intensity that this first year with Sammie B would bring to our lives, we feel so lucky that we can look at our lives and be completely content with where we are and what we have as a family.

So, to B,

Thank you for being the calm to my crazy.
Thank you for being the glass half empty to my glass half full.
Thank you for being my best friend.
Thank you for being the best daddy to our Bean I could ever ask you to be.
Thank you for making me laugh on a daily basis.
Thank you for still being able to make my heart flutter.
Thank you for being you.
I can't wait to see what each new day brings for our little family.
I'm so lucky to be sharing this life with you.

No comments: