Thursday, November 8, 2012

These Are a Few of Our Favorite Things . . .

Sitting Together at Sammie's (now, by default, "their") little table


I promise, the look of disdain on Sammie B's face is directed at the sandwich we insisted she have if she wanted Halloween candy, not at her sister!

Painting





Hugs (oh the hugs!! This is now how Mia likes to begin her day, every day, with a hug and kiss from her big sister!)
 

Parallel Bars









Back when Sammie B was at her EI center-based program, I often tried the parallel bars with her, but she needed maximum support and assistance.  That was well over a year ago.  A few weeks ago, we had a substitute PT while ours was on vacation, and they got the parallel bars out to try again.  Sammie B's nanny was super excited to report that Sam did FABULOUSLY with them, and even took a "step or two."   So, last week when I got to go to Sammie B 's PT appointment and my little lady WALKED THE LENGTH OF THOSE BARS ALL BY HERSELF, my heart soared, and my eyes filled with tears . . . Oh my lady.  Progress.  Determination.  Perserverance.  She's got it all.  

Lunches with sisters, painting, hugs, parallel bars, progress . . . these are a few of our favorite things!

(Not so favorite -- the fact that I'm typing this at 1 am during a quick BREAK from the brief I have to finish by tomorrow am before the partners wake up! Eek.  Back at it!)



1 comment:

Lee said...

Happened across your blog and so glad I did.. Sammie and Mia are beautiful! I love all the pics. I really enjoyed reading about Sammie's progress with the parallel bars..My own daughter, who we just lost recently at the age of 27, was spastic quad cp, non-verbal, non-ambulatory w/severe cognitive delays and just a smile from her would bring me to tears, so I can easily imagine those tears of joy you experienced watching Sammie take those steps! Reading your post of the experience almost brought me to tears! Way to go Sammie, keep up the good work! The pics of the girls together warmed my heart. Just wanted to tell ya, if you ever want to connect with a large network of other CP families, we'd love for you to visit and share your family with ours @ Cerebral Palsy Family Network. We're always thrilled to have guest bloggers and, would love to know of the progress Sammie is making. You can also find us on Facebook and on Pinterest. I'm looking forward to revisiting your blog and reading more about the girls and Sammie's progress. Best wishes and God bless