Monday, May 9, 2011

"Happy Mommy!"

My Mother's Day could not have been more perfect. I slept in . . . my girl came and cuddled with me in bed (and I tried teaching her to say "Happy Mommy Day!" but she just kept saying "Happy Mommy!" which I thought was even better), B and Sammie B surprised me with a gift card for a FULL day at my favorite spa, which I've never had before and can't wait to redeem, we rented a boat and went motoring around the marina/ocean that I often forget is less than a mile from our house (!), Sammmie B and I took glorious nap, and then we went out for a fabulously yummy dinner.

Totally totally totally made up for my working Saturday. As I told B before I drifted off to sleep last night, Sunday nights have a lot less "sting" when I know I've made my short weekend with the family count. Every second.

To Sammie B . . . who will always be the little girl who made me "Mama." There's no role I've ever filled that felt so perfect and wonderful and right. Each moment I spend with her is filled with more magic and love than I ever knew possible. Sweet girl, you make me a "Happy Mommy" every.single.day!







No comments: