Thursday, June 3, 2010

Homesick

So, I'm in Texas for trial . . . day 2 (of the pre-trial phase still!) and it is intense, as expected. I've billed almost 40 hours in TWO days, which is out of control (but damn it, if I have to be away from my little family, I'm making it count and RACKING up the billables so I can take some time off when I get home!) I go back and forth between feeling passionate about the case, and just being HOMESICK and wanting to go home. B is sending frequent pictures, of my sweet Bean smiling, and they make my heart ache and smile all at the same time. Most of all, I hope that one day, Sammie B thinks I've set a good example of her as being a career mama, and that these little times away will just seem like blips in our story. I can't wait to go home . . . to this face (and her dada's face too!).



Oh Sammie B, kisses right back at ya!!! Mama kisses!!!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Good luck!

MJV said...

Good luck with your trial! That's exactly why I got out of litigation (in a support role) - the hours are just way too insane and unpredictable.