Friday, September 19, 2014

Weepy Reminiscing

In just 5 days, my big girl will be 6, and in exactly 29 days, my little will be 3.  When people ask how old my kids are, I've already started saying that I have a six-year-old and a three-year-old.  It blows my mind, and I wish I could slow down time (except that each new age keeps getting better).   I'm traveling for work this week (just a quick one-night trip) which always, always leads to weepiness, but when I looked down at the date in the corner of my computer screen this morning and realized how very close we are to Sammie's birthday, my heart skipped a beat.  Six.  So fast.  She's been ready for her birthday for exactly 12 months (since the last party!) and she's had her party planned for nearly as many months (since the movie Frozen came out, to be exact, at which point, she declared she would definitely have a "Frozen" party), but I feel like I'm never ready to admit that another year has indeed flown past.  But it has.  She will be a six-year-old, Mia will be three, and we'll have a (joint) "Frozen"-themed party.   And then we'll start another year.  One that I hope is every bit as fabulous as the one we are putting behind us. 

With that, I leave you with the collages B created last year for their birthdays when my mind was blown over "5" and "2" (which I'd intended to post with their birthday letters last year but never did.  Time flies and all that, and I dropped this ball).  I love collages that show them growing.  That show time flying by in the most wondrous of ways.

This year, there will be birthday letters.  Promises. 

My Sammie B, from 4 months old (bottom left) to "5"

 November 2012 - September 2013
 
 Mia Mia, birth to age "2" - we lost the shirt to the bear we intended to be her birthday picture bear (and he looks ridiculous without it) so change of plans. 
 
 My two greatest loves.
 
Sammie B and Mia.  Your guess as to which one is which is as good as mine ;o)  (I *think* Sammie is on top!)
 
I love them with every inch of my soul.  I also really miss them right now and can't wait to fly home tonight and kiss their sweet cheeks while they sleep.  

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Hi! I follow your blog and have a special needs 4 year old. She's actually really similar in a lot of ways to your daughter. I was curious - what is the pink trike your daughter is riding? I've never seen one like that before. Thanks!

Momttorney said...

It's a Mobo Tot. We liked it, but the recumbent wasn't that easy for Sammie to self-propel, so we (mostly) pushed, and then bit the bullet and bought a Freedom Concepts adaptive bike. On that one, she can ride up and down our street independently! But, for your 4 year old, the Mobo Tot might be perfect. We also bought adaptive pedals from an online store and added those to the Mobo Tot.